Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with collimating 100mm Semi-APO binoculars

Icesheet

I took a punt on a second hand pair of 100mm semi apo binoculars. They were going for ~£200 with a half decent, although probably unsuitable tripod. They are branded ‘Astro’ which I believe is a Danish optics company, however they appear to be the same as the APM branded 100mm semi apo 45deg. 

I now have them and tested them and they are clearly out of collimation. I’ve never had to collimate anything before so hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Picture of the binoculars posted also. 

image.jpg

Could be adjustable with lens tilt or screw rip tilt adjustment of the prisms. You want to adjust so the images merge with your highest power eyepiece. A star or small torch illuminated ball bearing to give a nice bright point will help. Look quite fun, pity they weren’t usable out the box. If you don’t fancy tweaking then 

http://binocular-repair.co.uk Could help you out.

Peter

• Like 1