Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ESP8266 NodeMCU V1.0 ESP-12E WiFI Module

Gina

Does anyone here have detailed knowledge of which GPIO pins on this board can be used for digital input?  Please.

Web sites seem to give conflicting information - or more accurately, I'm not sure how to interpret the data.  I would like to use 9 or 10 digital inputs and the ADC input and nothing else.

Edited by Gina

I'd avoid using GPIO1 & 3 (Serial port) and 16, 15 and 2 as they are used for sleep mode wake up/boot/reset

So that leaves 6,7,11,8,9,10,12,13,14,0,4,5 as potential, this again is limited further if you need to also use hardware PWM or the SPI bus.

FJCJ4APJH8JBTHA.LARGE.jpg?auto=webp&frame=1&fit=bounds

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gina said:

Thanks Jason 😀  Looks like I can use that module then.

Well certainly as a proof of concept, I'd probably give it a try on breadboard to ensure as some of the pins might still be reserved or operate in an odd way which might not be obvious from a quick read of the pin outs... I've never used that many IO on one before but I have had issues with shifting around one-wire or SPI stuff away from the dedicated pins... 

• Thanks 1