Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WO Binoviewers to Baader T2 Help

Mick H

Hi, I would appreciate some help here please.

I have the WO Binoviewers and want to get a setup similar to this for my NexStar 8se:

Please see pic.

I am about to buy the Baader Prism Diagonal T-2 / 90 Degree 32mm and the Baader SCT T Adaptor Ultra Short 10mm Optical Length.

Now I need help with adapter for when I unscrew the Binoviewers nose piece and attached them to the Baader Prism Diagonal T-2.

WO.png

5 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

my bvs just screw onto the male thread on the diagonal

I wonder if the WO's will do that?

Then I would not need an adapter.

1 hour ago, Mick H said:

I wonder if the WO's will do that?

Then I would not need an adapter.

You can get an adapter on eBay . M26x0.75 to T2. Get the locking ring also. Got the info elsewhere on SGL a while ago. Thanks Andy 

EBAD0203-3F46-4C34-8C8F-B6301385B005.png

Edited by Sky-searcher
Addition
  • Thanks 1

Had a look at them a while ago as I have a WO binoviewer & a TS T2 prism. But I use a dual rig & like to swop the binoviewers & eyepieces in the 2 scopes, so it’s too permanent a fitting in the diagonal for me (also use a GPC on the nose). I remember that you can only get from Russia for some reason & just had a look a delivery time, a bit excessive 2 months. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mick H said:

Thanks Sky-seacher, delivered between Sept - Oct.😡

Just cannot seem to find a T2 female to M26x0.75 male thread adapter for binoviewers in the UK.

I don't think you will find any in the UK. It isn't a standard part, it is a custom part made specifically for converting a binoviewer like yours to T2. (Assuming that is the right thread for your binoviewer) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

I don't think you will find any in the UK. It isn't a standard part, it is a custom part made specifically for converting a binoviewer like yours to T2. (Assuming that is the right thread for your binoviewer) 

Thanks Ricochet, yes it is the right thread.

Oh well.

26 minutes ago, Mick H said:

Sky-seacher, what is a GPC on the nose? 

And what eyepiece holder do you use?

GPC is glass path corrector. Mine is a 2.6 x Barlow that shortens that focus path by around 180mm (same as binoviewer adds)  so I can get focus on my 80mm frac with 2” diagonal. I use my t2 prism on a Mak & have a Baader t2 1.25 micro focuser as eyepiece holder. 

• Thanks 1