NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

From Crescent Nebula toward Sadr - Hubble Palette (almost).

Kinch

I could not upload this image earlier today - not sure if it will go now until I hit the "Submit" button.

It is related to my prior posted image - which is a crop from this one. I could not use the same colour palette on this full one as Crescent came out blue....whereas Blue/Green is more in keeping with the Hubble Palette end colour.

It is nice to look at this one in high resolution....you can find the largest image on Telescopius....uploaded today, so should not be too hard to find.

CresSadSign (1475 x 1188).jpg

• Like 15

By the way....if you get to look at the high resolution version.....you might happen upon the Soap Bubble - not very strong, but there. Also.....this tiny little fella;  Abell 69 👀

Abell 69.JPG

• Like 2

Thats a superb image Brendan, I know what you mean about seeing the crescent in the usual red/pink livery. Your pallette as really enhanced some fine detail in there, even the outer shell is visable which is usually more prominent in the standard Ha O3 rgb. I'm now going to pixel peep the hi res image in search of abell 69 and the soap bubble. Excellent work.

Thanks Martyn. No worries....I make my images for Pixel Peepers 🤣.......I am afraid I am one myself!

If you do not know it already....you must click on 'Download full size' to actually see the full res image in telescopius.....then when you have the  little + sign....you can click on the image again to get it.....the one I put up is 4470 x 3600.

Edited by Kinch
Additional info
  • Thanks 1

Robin & Mark.....thanks for the comments guys. Yes.....sometimes on wide views we get a different perspective on things that we have been always looking close in on. I think, once we just don't go for colour blobs, but try to resolve the detail....even on very wide FoV images....they can prove to be very interesting.

Martyn..........thanks so much for that. Glad you enjoyed the higher resolution image - I go back from time to time to this (and others that I have on the web site) just to "wander" around in deep space and try get my head around what is out there :icon_scratch:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, x6gas said:

I like that you appear to have left a bit of green in the nebulosity

Thanks for the comment......I like to leave a 'touch' of green when I can.....I think it helps the depth of an image. This time, I more or less had to, because otherewise the Crescent looked too blue......whereas, for this palette, Blue/Green looks much better.