Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ioptron skyguider owner Q

Astroscot2

I wanted to ask those owners of the Skyguider Pro a question regarding the eyepiece of the internal polar scope, the eyepiece on my mount is very loose, I've not seen any mention online of any owners with a similar issue and whether it can be a problem? 

Mark. 

I own a SkyGuider Pro and have had no issues with the internal polar scope.

Have you tried removing the polar scope and tightening the various points on it? If it is the same polar scope (which it appears to be) as the SkyTracker pro then it is quite adjustable with a locking ring etc.

Cheers

Edited by Spongey

Hi Mark,

I've just had a look at mine and the rotating eyepiece is quite stiff / damped and holds it's position okay. If yours is new I'd consider getting in touch with the retailer for a replacement polar scope. Otherwise a piece of tape could potentially hold the eyepiece in place and prevent it from rotating? I've not heard of anyone having this issue before.

Cheers