NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NLC and Neowise

I think I had a bit of luck last night. Set the alarm for 1:45, but really didn't want to get up. I looked out of the window (half hoping for cloud, yeah I know :( ). But to be able to see the comet from indoors through net curtains, really made me stop and stare (and I live in a bungalow).

I have only one word - WOW. I actually don't think I've ever seen a naked eye comet before. So this is an incredible sight for me. 

I had the car packed already as I didn't think I'd see it from home, so took a very short drive. Again Wow. 

I may try from home tonight and set the camera up piggy back and just let it run all night. 

Here are three images - I have hundreds. I think a nice animation of the widefield one, I just managed to get Venus rising at the end of the capture - then I spotted the NLC and had to move the camera - thus ending the animation. 

So three images, one of the first of the evening with me trying to be a bit arty, and lightling up the trees in red. The second is the NLC and the third is the widefield with Comet Neowise, M45, Auriga  and Venus. 

I also saw the moon, Jupiter, Saturn and Mars (stoopid planet).

Thanks for looking.
Ant 

Neowise 11-7-20 60s ISO400.jpg

Neowise and NLC 11-7-20 19s ISO800.jpg

Neowise Venus M45 ISO800 19s.jpg

• Like 13

and a little video as well... which I'd taken more, but the NCL made me move the camera! 

Uploaded a better video - this one is 720P rather than 360P...

• Like 4