Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter from last night 7-7-20

I set up my celestron astromaster 130eq last night with my new svbony sv105 webcamera and using sharpcap to take a short video caputre, after using pipp and then registax the bands of Jupiter came through more (even though watching the video it looked overexposed and no bands) This is the first time I have used my svbony sv105 with skyglow filter and sharpcap, I have to say I'm quite impressed even though its blurry and not sharp but with more practice at adjusting the settings in sharpcap whilst capturing images hopefully it'll improve, but I have probably taken my telescope to the max. 

jupiter1 copy.png

Edited by LeeHore7
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Paul M said:

Well done with progress so far.

My first atempt at Jupiter recently went straight in the bin. Like I hadn't been paying attention in class 🤪

Thank you Paul, when I was taking the video last night Jupiter just looked overexposed and I was getting frustrated that it looked rubbish, but with the use of pipp and registax with just altering the first wavelets setting and not photoshopped yet, I managed to get the bands to show through. I must of took 8 videos last night and this was the best. Probably just fluked it but at least sharpcap saved the settings in a file so can replicate and fine tune next time. Don't give up as I've taken many videos before and looked a mess.  I've always wanted to see Jupiter's bands with one if my images. Clear skies (first clear sky I had for weeks last night) 

• Like 1

Jupiter was quite low last night and shooting through considerable atmospheric soup doesn't help. 90% of my Jupiter shots look just like yours, then one day in 2019,  the conditions, elevation, my tracking, focus, gain, wavelets, stacking, all just clicked. It really does take practice and patience.....

Jupiter.JPG.8b157c09bf999a528ec99b5775b0c6aa.JPG

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, noah4x4 said:

Jupiter was quite low last night and shooting through considerable atmospheric soup doesn't help. 90% of my Jupiter shots look just like yours, then one day in 2019,  the conditions, elevation, my tracking, focus, gain, wavelets, stacking, all just clicked. It really does take practice and patience.....

Jupiter.JPG.8b157c09bf999a528ec99b5775b0c6aa.JPG

That's an amazing photo, what kit were you using. Yes it would of been quite soupy last night, things can only get better 

I have been doing some beta testing with my SV305 and new drivers.  Still a bit unsteady as I move forward into the dark.  I thought this was fair for a first attempt.  I was pleased to get the shadow of one of the moons (just about 2 o'clock from center as a blueish area).Jupiter-1.png.37da7d6874ecbb1d05523a63124fad1f.png

Edited by JonCarleton

1 hour ago, JonCarleton said:

I have been doing some beta testing with my SV305 and new drivers.  Still a bit unsteady as I move forward into the dark.  I thought this was fair for a first attempt.  I was pleased to get the shadow of one of the moons (just about 2 o'clock from center as a blueish area).Jupiter-1.png.37da7d6874ecbb1d05523a63124fad1f.png

That's amazing, the sv305 was out of my price range but that's a good photo 

• Thanks 1