Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pelican to Tulip - 8 panel mosaic

This is a mosaic that I put together using Affinity Photo.  It only took about two hours to produce the mosaic, and I am still learning how to use the software.  This job would have taken me a couple of evenings using Gimp. (Panels never align properly, and there are gradients which clash between panels).

The two left hand panels are about 30 mins each, the rest are 70 mins.  Most of the data was gathered binned 2 x 2.  I hope to gather another 120 mins OIII per panel to produce a colourful panorama,  but who knows how long that will take.  Possibly years!

OTA Tak FSQ 106 at F3.6 on EQ6 with G3 16200 camera and Chroma 3nm filter.

Sum CresHa-4800s scaled.jpg

CdCCresHa-4800s scaled.jpg

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Swoop1 said:

Very nice @don4l

I love the fact that it is b&w as well. Colour will look fabulous but sometime black and white does it for me.

Your post has made me think about this.  I completely agree that mono images can be very nice.

I've decided that another row above and below this image will produce a much nicer result than a (probably) failed attempt at colour.  I've had a quick look at the pane that would be below the Tulip, and there isn't much there.  However,  even if there isn't much of interest, I suspect that the overall image will look much better.  This will be my project for the next couple of months.

• Like 1