Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Replacement dust caps for my binos?

Chaz2b

I have a lovely pair of Orion Resolux 7x50 which I’ll never part with! But my only gripe is with the objective dust caps, they keep falling off! Even when I place them in their bag, it’s quite a feat to get them in there without the covers falling off.

The outside diameter of the ends are 70mm so I would like to source caps that would be a snug fit, or slightly bigger, I can always pack them out with a bit of foam to get that snugness...lol.

Anyone know of caps that would fit? A long shot I know, even tub lids!!

chaz

397CA48D-0E6A-4178-89B3-B65F61880645.jpeg

Edited by Chaz2b

there's a few on the bay, tho not going up to 70mm but might be worth asking the seller if they can be sourced

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Binocular-Rubber-hang-down-Lens-Caps-Covers-Objective-Covers-34mm-65mm/123183602247?hash=item1cae509a47:g:pYkAAOSwEeFU-u7b

Been thinking to get a pair for the Audubon HR/5's once I finish fixing them up since they don't have a case at the mo.

Apperently, Orion USA stock replacements upto 80mm, but the U.K. site doesn’t! I’ve emailed them to see if they have them in stock but don’t list them, we’ll see.

The USA site lists them at $0.99 each, I wonder what the U.K. price would be?

chaz

Own design. It’s just an offset cylinder differences from a larger cylinder. Wall thickness around 2-3mm, make it around 0.6mm oversize. Handful of lines in OpenSCAD. You do need good measurements, a vernier is helpful. You can pad out if it’s too big, sanding it out if it’s too small is much less easy!

Peter