Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 with astronomica lp filter.

saturn5

Things are starting to improve a bit since a got the above mentioned lp filter.

Just need the weather to do likewise,this was a bit of a rush to catch the hour gap in the clouds.

45mins total @iso800

Canon350d

Orion Europa150

M42-1.jpg

very good Stewart....

perhaps the black point is a bit high?

paul

Probably is but it sure as hell beats the orange point i used to have :hello2:

At least in the future i can now concentrate on enhancing the image instead of eliminated excessive LP

Thanks for your comments :thumbright:

Very nice, the LP filters make a huge difference. That must be a pretty tough target for you all the way up there, not to mention the moon and light mist bleaching everything out. These things considered, thats an excellent grab. I found that a modded 350d along with a CLS filter was just about an ideal combo, dslr wise.

TJ

still no sign of my filter :hello2: ... one thing to watch for is that with the LP filter you will end up with a cyan tint to the stars ... fairly easily corrected in the post processing though...

I even made a Rechargable 2400 mAH battery pack for the 350D ready..... so the battery eliminator can run from that when I'm away from the Obs 12V ...

Billy...

Cheers Billy,I'll be honest here and didn't noticed the cyan tint to start with,i think i was overwhelmed by black instead of orange,as you say it is easily corrected.

A decent LP filter has that effect on you.... :hello2: Now Pat get me mine soon or Jess gets it ....

Billy...

Archived