Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky Safari Plus 6 not connecting on iPhone

Im using an iPhone and iPad. I can connect the iPhone to the mount with the synscan app latest version. Then go to sky safari on the iPad and using the iPad address 192.168.4.2 as recommended it will connect and work perfectly with the mount. Suddenly the connection will fail and sky safari tells me it can’t make a connection to the scope. Even if I go through all the first steps again it still won’t connect.

Then suddenly half an hour later it will connect for another five minutes or so. Any ideas please!?

Forget your home wifi.  It might reconnect to home wifi (without you noticing) due to internet-less wifi

ps. Try airplane mode.  Maybe it works also.  If airplane mode works, you dont have to “forget” the home wifi.

Edited by Robindonne

Change the wifi channel to a less busy one, I found I could connect indoors but not outdoors. Sky safari are working on a new version that should connect directly, seen some activity but I am not on the beta programme for it. 

peter

Mm real strange.  The only times im not able to connect to the mounts is when i havent done a 3 star alignment.  Once I accidentally pressed the 3 star alignment during the night.  Of course cancelled the alignment because nothing was wrong with the previous 3 star alignment.  But skysafari immediately recognized an unfinished alignment and lost connection with the mount.   I cant tell you any other situations where connection gets lost during a connected period

Edited by Robindonne

I know, I was solar imaging fine then connection dropped, had to realign and guiding was worse... clouds approaching added to the rush. At least it’s quick to do a full realign... I used EQmod once and it took ages... you can imaging how pleased I was when I realised I’d added a wrong star that poisoned the alignment model!

peter