Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 The Dumbbell Nebula

SiriusDoggy

9 hours ago, SiriusDoggy said:

There's lots of good ol' broadband data in this subject.

It shows as well, lovely job, that's come out a treat, 

nicely captured and processed,

Not sure if its my screen , showing it but you seem to have a subtle green hue over the background

well done

Paul

9 hours ago, ultranova said:

Not sure if its my screen , showing it but you seem to have a subtle green hue over the background

well done

Paul

Thanks for the comments Paul. It's entirely possible there is a slight green cast there. I have three computer monitors and I've tried calibrating all of them equally yet my images show slightly different color casts across all three. It doesn't help that my monitors are all over 10 years old.

Lovely image - particularly the starfield.  Many would suggest capturing more luminance than RGB but your results speak for themselves.  I do wonder if the data would show a bit more detail in the core if you adopted an HDR approach and masked through a less stretched version?

6 hours ago, x6gas said:

Lovely image - particularly the starfield.  Many would suggest capturing more luminance than RGB but your results speak for themselves.  I do wonder if the data would show a bit more detail in the core if you adopted an HDR approach and masked through a less stretched version?

That kind of processing may be above my pay grade.... Haha!  But I'll give it a try. Thanks~