Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AllSky now also for Rapsberry Pi HQ Camera

Recently a High Quality (HQ) camera sensor for the Raspberry Pi has been released offering 12Mpixels for €60. Together with a Raspberry Pi (version 3 or 4), a SD card, a suitable housing and plastic dome a high quality AllSky cam can be realised for under €150. Download the software and read the instruction via https://github.com/RobboRob/allsky.

Edited by RobRob
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RobRob said:

Recently a High Quality (HQ) camera sensor for the Raspberry Pi has been released offering 12Mpixels for €60. Together with a Raspberry Pi (version 3 or 4), a SD card, a suitable housing and plastic dome a high quality AllSky cam can be realised for under €150. Download the software and read the instruction via https://github.com/RobboRob/allsky.

Don't forget a fisheye lens. That can be another £120 😆

Well, you should be able to find similar security camera lenses in the UK for reasonable prices (Google is your friend). Or otherwise elsewhere in Europe (this year it is still duty free ;-)!

Or search on alibaba.com for "fisheye lens cs"

Edited by RobRob

The lens I use is 1.55mm rather than 2.1mm FL - quite a difference.  But the expensive thing is the astro camera.  I think it's the camera that makes the Oculus so expensive.

Edited by Gina

16 hours ago, Gina said:

The lens I use is 1.55mm rather than 2.1mm FL - quite a difference.  But the expensive thing is the astro camera.  I think it's the camera that makes the Oculus so expensive.

What is the Oculus?

This solution uses the AllSky software of Thomas Jacquin which I altered to support the recently (May 1st 2020) RPi HQ camera sensor costing only €60.

Edited by RobRob

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Avocette said:

Anyone know if the '150°' lens that comes with the ASI120MC-S could have a use here? Thanks.

Yes, many people use those with ASC, including me for a while... 👍😀 as long as it fits the mount on the pi camera...

Edited by Stuart1971
  • Like 1

Thanks - I just dug it out of the storage box and it seems the lens is the 2.1mm model shown in the first link from @RobRob although provided in the ZWO package fitted in a CS threaded adapter. The RPi HQ camera has a CS mount and is provided with a C to CS adapter ring. Great!

Edited by Avocette
CS not C mount
  • Like 1