NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Canon 1000d

I have my old 1000d which has live view. Just ordered an Explorer 130P - DS which will sit atop of my EQ5 Pro. Thought I might like to do some Astrophotography. 

Usualy a visual guy with a Skymax 150 and an Explorer 200p.

How will the camera work with up to date astro programmes. 

Clear Skies

Mile

Which programs are you going to be using?

EOS utilities on the Canon support page is no longer there for this camera if you had particularly wanted that but maybe you have your original install CD anyway. The 1000d is used still and I gather it has nice big pixels on the sensor. Probably best to keep the ISO not at the highest options.

Enjoy your imaging, have you seen the long thread on imaging with that telescope?

On 15/06/2020 at 09:46, Bigwings said:

I have my old 1000d which has live view. Just ordered an Explorer 130P - DS which will sit atop of my EQ5 Pro. Thought I might like to do some Astrophotography. 

Usualy a visual guy with a Skymax 150 and an Explorer 200p.

How will the camera work with up to date astro programmes. 

Clear Skies

Mile

I modified my 1000D and was using it for awhile. I see no reason why it wouldn't work with any program that supports canon. You can look into Kstars/Ekos or NINA for free options. You can also go with Astro Photogrpahy Tool or Backyard EOS