Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 Globulars

callisto

This is a brilliant thread. I've just done a "tour" of the messier globulars and I really didn't think it was possible to see them in other galaxies. Now there is a fantastic reason to point the 12" RC onto M31 when fall comes along.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 28/06/2020 at 00:47, Datalord said:

This is a brilliant thread. I've just done a "tour" of the messier globulars and I really didn't think it was possible to see them in other galaxies. Now there is a fantastic reason to point the 12" RC onto M31 when fall comes along.

Everyone should learn how to drive Vizier.  Seriously. It is at https://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/VizieR

I used it last night when imaging GCs in both M31 and M33.

The brightest GCs in M31 are visual objects in moderately large telescopes. The brightest in M33 are around mag 17.5 so you are going to need a big scope and dark skies to see them through an eyepiece, though they are easy enough to image with a little patience.

• Like 1