Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Neat website

Ags

Yes I use it all the time, and discovered that the author is a member of SGL.  I find it much better to use than some of the other sites as you get a full size FOV which you can move around to change the FOV slightly, and you can also rotate the FOV.    Sometimes I take a screen shot and import the image into Photoshop for an extra stretch to see what i have actually got in the FOV.

It doesn't have camera lenses on there, but I have discovered by taking the smallest scope on there and pretending I have a focal reducer with a lower number I can re-create the same FOV as my Samyang lens.

Great website.

Carole 

Edited by carastro
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, carastro said:

Yes I use it all the time, and discovered that the author is a member of SGL.  I find it much better to use than some of the other sites as you get a full size FOV which you can move around to change the FOV slightly, and you can also rotate the FOV.    Sometimes I take a screen shot and import the image into Photoshop for an extra stretch to see what i have actually got in the FOV.

It doesn't have camera lenses on there, but I have discovered by taking the smallest scope on there and pretending I have a focal reducer with a lower number I can re-create the same FOV as my Samyang lens.

Great website.

Carole 

If you press the 2nd button down on the left you can enter any focal length you want so you can put camera lens focal length in. 

This is the only site I use for planning imaging sessions and framing DSO's

Edited by geordie85
  • Like 2