NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lxd75 6” and Goto mount help

Hi all. Being completely new to all this I bought the 6” Lxd75 10years ago, but due to bereavements and career change it was forgotten about in loft. Now being older and more settled I would like to get into astrophotography side of things. The question I have is, is this capable and is mount good for it if I get a guide scope and DSLR attached? If not am I better upgrading telescope to say a 80mm refractor or upgrading mount? I have tried attaching DSLR but it sits a bit squint with the two screws and Barlow lens fitted to achieve focus. I’m in a position where I can spend up to £1000 if needed. Sorry for all questions, just unsure after reading on no guide ports, dated equipment etc if I should get a new mount or buy a new refractor. I was looking at WO Gt81. I will primarily be looking to photograph DSO. Thanks and I hope this makes sense.

Geoff

31B325D2-C70C-446D-9032-2AFC8597691F.jpeg

This was my first imaging rig. Bought out of Lidl for £399!  I found it was satisfactory and before spending any money I’d personally give it a few months using it before buying anything else.  You will need to buy an attachment to directly attach your DSLR to get focus. Someone on here recently posted about it.