NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSO and Lunar imaging with the SkyQuest 102 R

Hello all. I'm really enjoying the Skyquest series of telescopes, and I've been doing some videos documenting the basic (out in your garden) process of imaging the planets, the Moon and trying to image deep sky objects with it. 

This is mainly just to show that you don't need fancy kit to have fun and 'document' extremely distance objects many millions of light years away on your computer screen, or the back of you camera! Although, this is with the disclaimer that if you want really good images it's easier to achieve with  'fancier' more expensive equipment.

This is the second video in my mini series. In the first I image Venus and the Ring nebula, and in this video I image the Moon and Cigar galaxy.

The video takes you through the process of trying to capture images with limited equipment. No fancy scopes and mounts or guiding here. And all the software used is free to down load!  

I've tried to be creative in the video so it's not too boring for people to watch lol

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

Did you join watching the great stargazine talk yesterday? CA removal was in it I wonder if there is something there to consider as the 102mm will have some in some situations

I didn't know about the talk, but if it discusses CA removal it would be good to see it. Was it on TV or Online? Thanks