Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Full Moon 8 March 2020

dannybgoode

Just got round to playing with this.  Experimented with the Clear Image mode my Sony RX10M4 has - gives a 2x digital enlargement so 1200mm FF equiv focal length but as a consequence is jpeg only.  Single images are actually very good however this is 190 frames stacked.  I have tried to bring out the colour somewhat without overdoing it so hopefully it looks OK.

Stacked in Registack, run through Topaz DeNoise (more for sharpening than NR) and then into DxO PL3 for final editing.  Not bad for a mere bridge camera and hand held :)

_DSC5678cropcrop.jpg

Edited by dannybgoode
  • Like 6

That's amazing! Can't believe that no scope was involve in making that! Hand held too 🤯

The detail on the craters at the southern edge is really nice and sharp. I think there is a touch of CA at the northern edge but that's splitting hairs really. Top work! 👍

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

That's amazing! Can't believe that no scope was involve in making that! Hand held too 🤯

The detail on the craters at the southern edge is really nice and sharp. I think there is a touch of CA at the northern edge but that's splitting hairs really. Top work! 👍

Thank you!

The RX10M4 is an absolute beast of a camera.  Sure it's only a 1" sensor however I find I get nearly as good results 90% of the time as I did with my 5D mkIII and I can actually carry it around everywhere.  I am going to mount it on my AZ EQ6GT and try some deep space just for a giggle :)

• Like 3

you know that reminded me that my old Fuji bridge can do 2x digital zoom but I never thought to try it, just stuck with the 400mm optical limit. Will have to revisit the controls I think :) 

• Like 1