Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sol 14-5-2020 Ha & Cak

Ibbo!

3 minutes ago, David Smith said:

Nice. Busy today so was not able to take advantage of the clear skies early this morning :mad2:

I missed out today.

Question if I may -how do you capture proms in Cak?

Ask away! I just push the exposure settings up and use 2x2 binning on the 178. As an example my surface exposures yesterday were 2ms with gain at 60 but my proms were 2.6ms with gain at 160. Without binning my exposure would have been 7-8ms and gain at about the same level, so it does make a big difference as the longer exposure has a knock on affect on frame rate too.

Last couple of days I learnt how to manipulate the tone curve in ImPPG so am finding proms in my surface captures. All new to me.

Edited by David Smith

15 hours ago, David Smith said:

Ask away! I just push the exposure settings up and use 2x2 binning on the 178. As an example my surface exposures yesterday were 2ms with gain at 60 but my proms were 2.6ms with gain at 160. Without binning my exposure would have been 7-8ms and gain at about the same level, so it does make a big difference as the longer exposure has a knock on affect on frame rate too.

Last couple of days I learnt how to manipulate the tone curve in ImPPG so am finding proms in my surface captures. All new to me.

Thanks David.

I tried upping the exp and gain and could see nothing -maybe it was lost in the murk.

More experiments needed.

• Like 1