NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky-Watcher skymax 127 Advice

Hi I have just bought myself the sky watcher SkyMax 127 AZ-GTI WiFI Go To telescope. In addition to this I purchased a skywatcher 2 x deluxe Barlow, PowerTank, 4 x lunar filters and the XYZ phone adaptor. I am looking to get a bag to put the equipment in. Does anyone have a suggestions or recommendations where to get one from. I live in the UK. 
By the way I am completely new to all this 

Thanks Matt 

The scope and mount head would probably fit in a decent sized backpack.  The tripod would fit in an appropriately sized tripod or light stand bag for photography.  I bought a Gator brand of the latter at B&H Photo in NYC for my daughter's tripod and mount head, so you probably could find an equivalent at a photography superstore in the UK.  For her 127 Mak, I just got her a sturdy gym bag for $15 and wrapped the scope in layers of bubble wrap inside the main compartment.  All the outside pockets were handy for holding the various accessories, also bubble wrapped.

I have the Oklop bag for small telescopes. Originally bought for a 130PS/AZ5 combo.

The bag will fit an OTA, tripod, mount and accessories. Mine's been padded out with extra bubble wrap and the 120/600 scope sits on the two semi circular polystyrene stands from the original packaging.

http://oklopbags.com/product/padded-bag-for-small-telescopes/

I've just bought very nice camera bag just for a Skymax 102, diagonal and finder.  It's a perfect fit and cheapish at £35. A Skymax 127 won't fit but you may find something similar elsewhere.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shoulder-Evecase-protection-Compartment-Mirrorless/dp/B00WLWG6P8/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=camera+bag&qid=1589228320&sprefix=camera+b&sr=8-17

• Like 1

Hi that’s great guys thanks for the advice will keep looking. I’m thinking of an aluminium case where I can fit everything bar the tripod and cut the foam to suit 

2 hours ago, Knighter said:

Hi that’s great guys thanks for the advice will keep looking. I’m thinking of an aluminium case where I can fit everything bar the tripod and cut the foam to suit 

Most cheap "aluminum" cases are actually textured plastic that are easily punctured.  Real aluminum flight cases are way more expensive.  If you want a rigid case, I would get a Pelican-style, blow-molded plastic case.  They're much more rugged.

Try searching these, great cases at a great price. I own 6 of these type. Should add my wife is getting fed up with them seemingly breeding 😄

Make sure you follow internal dimensions.

https://www.protective-cases.co.uk/category/waterproof/max-waterproof-cases/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAs67yBRC7ARIsAF49CdWuU-71IhmkmE2P01b2bKicPhNo0bAiPSEgyiMUUj553ElyxXhdn-4aAvXWEALw_wcB

Personally I use a foam inlayed camera case think you can buy something with a fancy brand name however as the manufacturers gather it’s for Astronomy purposes thay boost the price up a camera case is a camera case at end of the day brought mine for around £25-30 eBay,Amazon decent build quality cubed pick and pluck foam don’t rate that much as sometime it’s hard to profile an accessory to the right shape.so all I done was go to a company called efoam online thay cut the foam to size to your desired measurements of your camera case then just cut around accessory with sharp hobby knife or something similar push the foam down after cutting the profile (shape) this allows plenty more room for additional eyepieces,diagonal,cables etc etc