NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The search for the fabled HEQ5 Pro Goto

BrendanC

Once upon a time there was a handsome young prince (ie me) who decided he must seek the fabled HEQ5 Pro Goto mount.

It was a mythical creature of such beauty that songs were sung of it throughout the land.

However, search high and low as he did, for many moons, he could not find one second-hand for a reasonable price. Not one single one. Not a sausage. 

Not on the realm of eBay, after searching (ok, one, but it came with a scope attached and went for more than he wanted to pay ie £500 because despite appearances he wasn't a very rich prince).

Nor on the dark plains of Astro Buy and Sell. Nor could this earnest young(ish) man find one on the sunny uplands of the SGL forum.

The prince was even more frustrated by videos such as this, in which someone else just seemed able to procure such mounts at will: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRoFUj0cNt8

"What am I to do?" he cried. "For I have searched and searched, and spotted a herd of unicorns, several dragons and even a flying hogfish, yet I cannot find the fabled HEQ5 Pro mount."

Edited by BrendanC

Feel for you ... I've got one on order with @FLO, they were honest (as usual) and did say it could be delayed. Also said they'd wipe it down with alcohol to make sure it was Covid free 😁

Edited by knobby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrendanC said:

he could not find one second-hand for a reasonable price. Not one single one.

Yes. That's the thing. People tend not to sell stuff that just works. No fuss, no frustration, that "does what it says on the tin"

There will occasionally be a few, from people who are giving up the hobby and maybe some from people who just get bored with the same old gear. But in general, it seems to me the best recommendation for equipment is when there are very few on the s/h market.
And also: with the collapse in worldwide logistics, you could be waiting a time for a new one to appear!

• Like 1

Yep, it's probably made worse by the current conditions  but I've been looking for a while longer than that!

I thought there would be more, that's all, as people ascend the upgrade path.

I'm just reluctant to get one new (there are places with them in stock), hence the second-hand stipulation. 

Btw, I'm not a prince really. I'm not very young either, and definitely not handsome. :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1