Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good News - And i Need some advice - skywatcher goto

Im new to this whole star gazing thing, and had problems with my new telescope which i have finally sorted (p.s i dont like the whole collaminating thing, my eyes end up going funny before i have finished it, i think i will buy a laser thing to do it hopefully takes less time.) any offers - anybody selling one???

Anyway its done now and i saw the nebula in orions belt, nicely defined and a faint galaxy (cant remember which one) which was cool, and lots of stars while i will crusing around being nosey.

But had a headache the following day as i was out till about 2am and it was around -3, Need a scarfe.

So all-in-all im now happy depite a bit of a [R^ppy start.

MY QUESTION IS..

on the skywatcher synscan (goto) the manual states i should have a 3-star aligment procedure but i cant seem to get it on the device. I only have Brightest star and 2 star alignment has anybody else had this problem or got any advice - i have emailled the skywatcher people but had no reply.

Hardware specs

Software version 3.03

Hardware version 3.04

If you goto the skywatcher site you can download the latest firmware for the mount. I think it is 3.23, the version you seem to have at the moment is very old. It may be that old that it does not have 3 star align?

I am not sure that is the update for skywatcher goto mounts.

"MY QUESTION IS..

on the skywatcher synscan (goto) the manual states i should have a 3-star aligment procedure but i cant seem to get it on the device. I only have Brightest star and 2 star alignment has anybody else had this problem or got any advice - i have emailled the skywatcher people but had no reply."

Err Doh it loads onto the device ok but - Can you send me the link for the lastest AZ GOTO mount. Cheers i still cant get to them, weird...

Cheers for the advice i will just stop fiddling - and let it be - I just wanted the 3 star alignment for more accuraccy as sometimes the 2 star aligment can be a little off - But while reading around apparently you have to approach both the stars from the same direction because of the backlash (or meshing of the system) and take this into account........ they dont mention that in the manual

Archived