Fault with my HEQ5-Pro?

_Belial

Hi all,

I got my new HEQ5-Pro this week from FLO, excitedly set it all up yesterday and awaited darkness. However, when doing my polar alignment I noticed an issue. When it slews to my guide star the mount resets itself, here's a youtube video of it occuring.

I've emailed FLO but thought i'd check on here as not had a reply off them yet. Am I missing something obvious here? It seems to happen when the motors are moving in DEC and RA at the same time. I.e I can use the controller to move in either direction with no issues, but whenever I try to move in both, it resets like in the above video.

Can anyone offer any advice at all?

Thanks in advance

// Carl

Definitely sounds like lack of power, my AZ EQ6 motors groan and whine when there wasn't enough juice in the battery pack. Now hooked up to mains supply.

Edited by MarkAR

Just updating, it was the power supply. I connected the mount direct to my car's 12v socket to test this afternoon and it all works fine, guess not all PSU's are equal :)

Thank you

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, _Belial said:

Just updating, it was the power supply. I connected the mount direct to my car's 12v socket to test this afternoon and it all works fine, guess not all PSU's are equal :)

Thank you

12v/2a is a bit marginal and the psu could be the type that if more amps are drawn than the psu can supply it trips out and resets itself.