Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A new project

Wyvernp

So with all this time at home I'm in need of some projects to keep me going, so with a spare arduino, stepper driver and a left over nema17 stepper from my laser harp project (which never worked properly :( )

I think it would be feasible to make something that would rotate the william optics rotator via pc input, I'm not looking at integrating it with ascom or anything like that as I don't have the programming knowhow to do that but maybe a simple app that allows you to set the camera angle could work. I foresee a few issues one being that the rotator fits behind the focus tube which will move in and out so the stepper cannot be fixed to the focuser assembly the same as the stepper for the myfocus pro. Not currently having the rotator I'm not sure how I'm going to work this but I'm sure I can find a way. 

Has anyone done this before? Honestly I don't need a camera rotator but I need to keep myself busy.

Wyvern

Well, that didn't take too long... I now have a rotating stepper :)

I guess one payday I'll treat myself to the rotator....That's even if I receive my camera and wheel from china...serious lesson learned there. It's cheap because it will never arrive. I get to raise a dispute from friday so fingers crossed either it will magically arrive or I get my money back.

4 minutes ago, Wyvernp said:

Well, that didn't take too long... I now have a rotating stepper :)

I guess one payday I'll treat myself to the rotator....That's even if I receive my camera and wheel from china...serious lesson learned there. It's cheap because it will never arrive. I get to raise a dispute from friday so fingers crossed either it will magically arrive or I get my money back.

If you're lucky you raise a dispute saying it hasn't arrived and they send another in the meantime the first one arrives and then later the replacement arrives, happened to me more than once and they don't want returns 😂

Dave

1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

If you're lucky you raise a dispute saying it hasn't arrived and they send another in the meantime the first one arrives and then later the replacement arrives, happened to me more than once and they don't want returns 😂

Dave

Let's hope so! could probably use a spare :)

• Like 1

On 03/05/2020 at 16:14, Davey-T said:

Dave

In the end the seller extended buyer protection for another 50 days... this meant I could not raise a dispute until then... I smelt a bit of dishonesty there especially as this took me just out of my Amex purchase protection period. So I just opened a case with Amex, I feel they will have more swing as a payment provider than me as an individual. Fingers crossed...

• Like 1