Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

N.I.N.A and Stellarium have fallen out! :(

AntHart

Hi,

I’m having trouble getting NINA and stellarium to talk to each other.

This is with the software on the same pc, not a remote setup. I’m Using win 10 pro 64bit

ive tried the stellarium config, remote control plugin, ticked load at start up, both port numbers are the same (8090) it just keeps saying the same thing in NINA every time ..that I still to need to set it up...

Any one encounter this problem and know what to do?

i also tried in stellarium ticking the ‘server’ box too in the remote control plugin and when a windows defender ‘allow’ box popped up say yes...didn’t work.

ive tried re installing both programs and starting from scratch but still no joy.

please help!! 👍🏼

Sorry I can't help as I don't use stellarium but I find NINA very glitchy, one day it works the next it don't, one day it remembers my profile the next it don't.. too unpredictable to use, so I just use APT now..for me it just works..can't be having wasted nights because of glitchy software,i tried asking questions on their forum but just full of know it alls that just want to take the £!$$.. can't be dealing with that either, so I just use APT for capture and NINA for framing/ coordinates..

5 hours ago, newbie alert said:

Sorry I can't help as I don't use stellarium but I find NINA very glitchy, one day it works the next it don't, one day it remembers my profile the next it don't.. too unpredictable to use, so I just use APT now..for me it just works..can't be having wasted nights because of glitchy software,i tried asking questions on their forum but just full of know it alls that just want to take the £!$$.. can't be dealing with that either, so I just use APT for capture and NINA for framing/ coordinates..

Im between APT and NINA myself mate, NINA looks really nice but if it’s got issues then that’s obviously more important. Like you say don’t want to be wasting precious time fixing bugs.

although it could just be something I’m doing or not not doing.

ive not actually got it connected to my mount/scope yet, just basically installed the software to test out.

id be happy to use either so if I can’t sort it out I’ll give APT a shot 👍🏼

I don't think NINA and Stellarium talk together as such (?). I use NINA for imaging, but Stellarum for picking the coordinates of my targets. I Select a target in Stellarium, then in NINA under Framing click the the 'location' icon next to 'Coordinates'. This imports the coordinates of the target from Stellarium into NINA. Then (still in NINA), Slew, platesolve and start imaging. No need to use Stellarium to control the mount at all. 

I find NINA very stable once set up.

21 hours ago, newbie alert said:

full of know it alls that just want to take the £!$$.. 

What do you mean take the £!$$ ? NINA is completely free... But yes, the Discord forum is a mess, not easy to find anything.  

Here is how I have it set up:

In Stellarum, Configuration - Remote control: Tick on Load at startup. Then under (Configuration) Main - Save Save settings. Restart Stellarium. Go back into Configuration - Remote control, this time load at startup should be ticked already. Click on configure, Make sure 'Listening on [your pc name] IP' has your PC's LAN IP listed. Make sure Port Number is 8090. Then go Main - save setting again. Restart Stellarium again.

Then in NINA Check settings as per screenshot. 

Make sure a target is actually selected in Stellarium, then in NINA -  Framing - Coordinates - Click the location button.
In this example I selected the Sun.

1.JPG

2.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Viktiste said:

I don't think NINA and Stellarium talk together as such (?). I use NINA for imaging, but Stellarum for picking the coordinates of my targets. I Select a target in Stellarium, then in NINA under Framing click the the 'location' icon next to 'Coordinates'. This imports the coordinates of the target from Stellarium into NINA. Then (still in NINA), Slew, platesolve and start imaging. No need to use Stellarium to control the mount at all. 

I find NINA very stable once set up.

What do you mean take the £!$$ ? NINA is completely free... But yes, the Discord forum is a mess, not easy to find anything.  

If you read it right , I said

,i tried asking questions on their forum but just full of know it alls that just want to take the £!$$..

where did I say about money?

I wrote it like that because I can't say the word I want..

so yes the discord forum is a joke

39 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

If you read it right , I said

,i tried asking questions on their forum but just full of know it alls that just want to take the £!$$..

where did I say about money?

I wrote it like that because I can't say the word I want..

so yes the discord forum is a joke

You've got to admit that your use of currency symbols as substitutes for letters might be taken as 'money' by a reader that isn't familiar with trying to get round forum decency filters 😉

@Viktiste, they are just substitutes for the letters P, I, S and S  , meaning that @newbie alert found the forum perhaps 'less than useful' 😉

4 hours ago, adyj1 said:

You've got to admit that your use of currency symbols as substitutes for letters might be taken as 'money' by a reader that isn't familiar with trying to get round forum decency filters 😉

@Viktiste, they are just substitutes for the letters P, I, S and S  , meaning that @newbie alert found the forum perhaps 'less than useful' 😉

I found the forum( discord)  as good as the software.. think it's free for a good reason.. 

The only thing that's decent if it works is the framing wizard, and that depends which way the wind blows