NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Objective lens cleaning services

5 hours ago, hawksquawks said:

Okay I have been out and tested the scope I took a photo with my DSLR, the chromatic aberration is very bad in photos but not bad at all using an eyepiece can this be explained?

DSC_5172.JPG

Even a std DSLR will have much more sensitivity to the extreme red and violet ends of the spectrum compared to the human eye so this might explain this CA.

Alan

Plus you can pickup a Minus Violet filter (fringe killer) if it really bothers you. That said I agree with John. That scope with the EQ3-2 with perfect optics would have been fair for £125. That said when you find the confidence you could remove the cell and perform a full clean (you have to mark everything on the edge on lens's - I've done this before).

to be honest I agree with the others for now though.. just leave it. The only thing I would do is check the collimation. Its a skill that you need going forward.

Good Luck

Edited by Rob
Extra comment