NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Crescent Venus.

smerral

Venus imaged last night with the C8 and Altair GPcam V2, using a 2.5x powermate. Two images were captured from a stack of 5000/10000 frames, the first using a 742 pass filter, the second using a Wratten #47 violet filter in combination with an IR blocker.  These were then combined as RVV. Processed Photoshop.  I have two versions with different colour balance.

RAsGY1uOJtV4_1824x0_9ogn6cSV.jpg

bsYyZJjczBYl_1824x0_cczXV3LN.jpg

• Like 12

Hi NV,  I used the Revelation Astro IR cut, which, as far as I'm aware, allows some UV through (although it says it's a blocker the in the specs).  The Baader certainly does block it.  I know there is a difference because if I use the Baader filter with my CaK filter it blocks everything, whereas the Revelation has no effect, so clearly it's letting some UV through.   And as you see it has picked something up.  Of course we would be better off with a dedicated Venus filter, but I've never got round to shelling out the cash.

Edited by smerral
  • Thanks 1