SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lyrids Meteor Shower April 2020

Fozzie

25 minutes ago, Littleguy80 said:

My wife said it would be her science lesson for the day. While our we formed a hypothesis that a hot chocolate would warm us up. This was tested and proven to be correct. Education at it’s best 😉

I thought the cornerstone of a good hypothesis was that it couldn't be proved wrong - not that it could be proved correct?

With that in mind I would recommend a double-blind repeat of your experiment on the basis of scientific rigour. Furthermore I would test a variety of beverages including brandies, wines, rums and whisky's to ensure there is no placebo effect. All in the name of science!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mr niall said:

I thought the cornerstone of a good hypothesis was that it couldn't be proved wrong - not that it could be proved correct?

With that in mind I would recommend a double-blind repeat of your experiment on the basis of scientific rigour. Furthermore I would test a variety of beverages including brandies, wines, rums and whisky's to ensure there is no placebo effect. All in the name of science!

I like your thinking though I’m not sure my 13 year old should be drinking some of those beverages. I better drink hers to be safe...

• Like 1