Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New spot on the Sun today - 7th April 2020

Stu

I’ve just spied a new spot on the Sun today. Quite small but well defined and dark, with potentially a couple of very small faint ones below. It took me a while to find, but it is obvious once you’ve seen it.

It is roughly half way out to the limb, at around 7 o’clock ish direction in a refractor view ie left right reversed image.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 07/04/2020 at 10:55, Stu said:

I’ve just spied a new spot on the Sun today. Quite small but well defined and dark, with potentially a couple of very small faint ones below. It took me a while to find, but it is obvious once you’ve seen it.

It is roughly half way out to the limb, at around 7 o’clock ish direction in a refractor view ie left right reversed image.

I'm assuming this has fizzled out. I checked in the area you suggest this evening Stu, but a bit closer to the limb, but no definite signs.

A hint of something in WL but not good enough to say I'd seen it.

Edited by AdeKing

22 minutes ago, AdeKing said:

I'm assuming this has fizzled out. I checked in the area you suggest this evening Stu, but a bit closer to the limb, but no definite signs.

A hint of something in WL but not good enough to say I'd seen it.

Quite possible Ade, haven’t had a chance to look today. Tomorrow should be clearer so I’ll check then. It got pretty hard to see when the seeing was poor.

• Thanks 1