Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bailly and (later) a dorsum

Peter_D

I noted a couple of interesting features tonight - although the main crater of Bailly was in shadow, sunlight was catching the crater rim of Bailly B which made it visible in the darkness.
When I moved up to Vallis Schröteri, I noticed a dorsum that runs from the crater Nielsen to Mons Rümker. (upper middle to top middle in second photo). It's not named on my Moon Atlas though. 

IMG_20200405_215857.jpg

IMG_20200405_220727.jpg

Edited by Peter_D

21 hours ago, Peter_D said:

When I moved up to Vallis Schröteri, I noticed a dorsum that runs from the crater Nielsen to Mons Rümker. (upper middle to top middle in second photo). It's not named on my Moon Atlas though. 

Good spot.  It's not labelled on any of my maps, but you can see it here on one of them:

IMG_20200406_185003.jpg

On 05/04/2020 at 21:40, Peter_D said:

I noted a couple of interesting features tonight - although the main crater of Bailly was in shadow, sunlight was catching the crater rim of Bailly B which made it visible in the darkness.

IMG_20200405_215857.jpg

IMG_20200405_220727.jpg

I've searched in vein, but as yet I've found no name for the Dorsum you mention. Therefore,  from now on it shall forevermore be named Pete_D Dorsum. It has a ring to it so it'll catch on. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mikeDnight said:

I've searched in vein, but as yet I've found no name for the Dorsum you mention. Therefore,  from now on it shall forevermore be named Pete_D Dorsum. It has a ring to it so it'll catch on. 

Thanks Mike!  😆😆

• Thanks 1