NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first image of the M42

Milliways

Dave do you use the hat trick , for the shutter release , as this does still lok like movement, if i am telling you something you already know ,i,m sorry , but if not hold a black card over the front of the scope, release the shutter after few secs then take the card away , the shutter will cause movement , so holding the black card in front of the scope lens whilst the shutter is being released will stop this .

But just make sure of course the polar alignment is pretty good ,

Try 15 secs first, if ok , build it up a bit more

Rog

Dave do you use the hat trick , for the shutter release , as this does still lok like movement, if i am telling you something you already know ,i,m sorry , but if not hold a black card over the front of the scope, release the shutter after few secs then take the card away , the shutter will cause movement , so holding the black card in front of the scope lens whilst the shutter is being released will stop this .

But just make sure of course the polar alignment is pretty good ,

Try 15 secs first, if ok , build it up a bit more

Rog

I didnt know that :) Do i wait for the camera to start taking the exposure and then remove the cover? wont i get the streak from the cover being removed?

Polar (equatorial) is certainly better but that def looks like vibration to me. Don't be put off, as anyone here will tell you, for every astounding image you see on here from someone, there will be another half dozen consigned to the recycle bin.

Looks like mirror slap..

In the set up menu is there a custom function for mirror lock up? If there is then use this, you click the shutter release button once to raise the mirror then again to release the shutter..

Do you have a remote for the camera? Again you can get around this by using the self timer mode.

HTH

Greg

you might find another improvement if you try to balance the OTA better on the mount...

I used to use a DSLR on an ETX 105... The problem is teh mount cant really cope with the imbalance caused by adding the extra weigth to the rear of the OTA... Tryy addign soem extra weight to the front...until the ota is just slightly out of balance... thei will greatly reduce the strian on the drive train and mount whilst still keeping a posiitve mesh in the gearing...

tape some fishing weights to the front of the tube or use some of those wrap roung ankle weights just to try it out...

Billy...

you might find another improvement if you try to balance the OTA better on the mount...

I used to use a DSLR on an ETX 105... The problem is teh mount cant really cope with the imbalance caused by adding the extra weigth to the rear of the OTA... Tryy addign soem extra weight to the front...until the ota is just slightly out of balance... thei will greatly reduce the strian on the drive train and mount whilst still keeping a posiitve mesh in the gearing...

tape some fishing weights to the front of the tube or use some of those wrap roung ankle weights just to try it out...

Billy...

I think i got an anckle waight around here somewhere :) Thanks for the advice mate!!

Dave.

Archived