NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky-Watcher EQ6 Extension Tube

Horwig

22 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Had one and it worked really well. Should note that it’s only available in white now even though some dealers are still using the old black photo.

Ta. White suits me just fine.

Huw

I need to get one as well, had a look at the reviews and a few people had problems with it twisting occasionally. 

One way to cure this would be to drill two holes in the base plate and bolt that to the two existing holes in the tripod before adding the tube.

An update on this, extension arrived and fitted. I did price up making my own, but it was hardy worth the effort, the aluminium blanks came to not far short of the price of the genuine part.

I can now image within a few degrees of the pole with no meridian flips. A result.

As an aside, as discussed in my other post here, I've machined the tripod boss to give more stability to the assembly, it was getting a little bit top heavy.

Huw

• Like 1