NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 - A little background information...

Tim

It's the same old pic, but I have tried every trick I know to try and highlight the surrounding nebulosity. This seems very dim compared to the rest of the nebula. I had seen it on one of the pro's pics, and fancied trying to get some data on it, but then noticed it was a 12 hour exposure they had used. :shock:

At any rate, I fairly pleased with what has managed to come out of this, especially as the subs all had a hideous orange gradient from top to bottom from the light pollution. Pixinsight was used extensively in the processing. Version here 1/3 of original size.

Thanks for looking, cy'all in the new year when I return! Have a good 'un!

TJ

11160_normal.jpeg

Les, I use a CLS filter for nearly all images taken from home. Without it I get nothing but orange from the parcel depots etc at the airport nexy door. Even at kelling heath I found an improvement to be honest. It's a shame because they do cut off quite a bit of light, making the exposure length needed to be longer, and if your'e not careful you can get a colour cast.

Kevin, after a few days at my parents, i'll be down at Christchurch caravan site, so i'll test out your proposed site for imaging if we get a clear spell :( I'm really hoping for a good southern view for a couple of nights to get something on the cone nebula.

Cheers all.

Tim

Oh YES!!! That chocolate brown outer dust region is something rarely seen. That was your goal, it seems, and you've done it. I'm so impressed that you have managed it form such a difficult site. Parcel depot... Yikes, well done that man.

Olly.

Archived