Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SH2-174

Kinch

Not too sure if it is really worth posting this. It is really the wrong time of year to try capture data for it but I wanted to keep working with NB filters for as long as possible (before turning to galaxies). I was trying a few different targets during the night (when I had the chance)  - this one was 1st on the list each night. So far there is 5 hours each Ha & OIII with 1 hour each RGB just to help. I hope (but am not at all confident) to get more for this ..... but it may end up being put aside until September before finishing. There is not much structure to this old planetary nebula....but I am confident, that with more data, it could be well improved on.

SH2 174 (1500 x 1000).jpg

• Like 10

Thanks for the comments guys - yes it definitely needs more time. Just, as I said, it is the wrong time of year......but still open to a little every night that is clear. I will have to wait & see ......I just don't have the patience that Tom has ....🤣

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

It looks great for what you have.  the stars look just about perfect and there is loads of color.  Its obviously a faint target.  Doubling the data may not really change much-0-except to give it depth and clarity.  Its a winner

Rodd

34 minutes ago, Rodd said:

for what you have

That's the key point Rodd. Yes it is quite faint but when you look at the one referenced above with 40 hours of data it really is a beauty.....so I know where I have to try go with this.....I will aim for up to 30 hours. Unfortunately that looks more and more like later in the year....cloud not too bad tonight BUT is is blowing hard 🙄.  All part of the fun......😏

yeah wind is no fun.  Between rain, snow, sleet, fog, mist, haze, ice crystals, clouds, wind, the Moon, light pollution, shortening nights and flocks of birds (ok, this one is a bit tongue in cheek), its amazing we can image at all!  (oh yeah....an gremlins of various tribes, clans and affiliations)

Rodd