NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quark Ha - Newtons rings

Astrokev

Hi All

Wasn't sure whether to post this in this forum or the Equipment....

I recently bought a Quark. As expected, when using my CMOS camera I'm getting Newton's rings. I know a tilt adapter can fix this. I've been looking at the Altair Astro tilt adapter, but I'm unsure how this attaches to my scope and hope someone can help.

I use a SkyWatcher diagonal, which push-fits into the focusser and has push-fit connections on the Quark/eyepiece side . As far as I can see, the adapter has M48 threads on both sides. How does the adapter attach to the diagonal and how do I connect the Quark to this?

Thanks for any help :)

Kevin

4 minutes ago, Altocumulus said:

Before going to the tilt option, have you just tried flats?

I haven't, but the tilt option seems to me (who knows nothing, I should add) to be the preferred solution for dealing with the root cause of NR's, rather than the symptom

Edited by Astrokev
  • Like 1

On 01/03/2020 at 16:34, Waldemar said:

In many cases the diagonal has screw-off 2" connectors, as well as the Quark does probably, too. 

Try to unscrew with sensible force...

I'll check that out. Thanks

4 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

First you need one of these to covert it to a sensible thread.

Dave

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/astro-essentials-adapter-for-daystar-quark-to-t2.html

Thanks Dave. Was reading your response to my other post on this when this arrived! Looks good. I need to do more research on which adapter to get. I've seen another Altair Astro model that may suit, so a few to choose from.