Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I just got this picture and I’m not sure if it is a Satellite or something else. Can someone help me clarify?

Austin Rindler

I was trying to look at the Moon at about noon when I spotted this. I snapped a quick picture and looked at it. At first I thought it was a satellite in low Earth orbit. I thought the things on the side were solar panels. Then I had some converging thoughts about if satellites could appear during the day or not. It didn’t seem to be moving or if it did it was moving very slow. I used my Celestron Powerseeker 80 AZS and for the camera I just used an iPhone X. I am a beginner at astronomy and this stuff. Could someone help me to classify what this is???

FEF138DF-0538-466E-B6F4-2C7E52E110BC.jpeg

Edited by Austin Rindler

It does look intriguing. More than likely a plane or satellite. If you can remember the exact time, you can probably use Sky Safari or similar to eliminate or confirm whether it was a satellite. Could also be a plane at an angle - there is a very famous 'UFO' video which is actually a plane showing this effect.