Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Tal Eq mount

Fozzie

I don't know much of these, other than they are associated with the word "agricultural" very often however I when I came across a second hand one last year, I promised myself I'd give it a good clean up before storage away, until such a point that one of the kids shows intrest.  At that point I'll have an never out of the box 100rs, and tidy authentic mount to go with.. 

Anyways, it's cleaned up beautifully and is in good working order, made to last these things thought I'd show some pictures..

One other thing, I think this would be stonking with a 100mm mak on the top.. 

Ta

Fozzie

20200223_145556.thumb.jpg.088abe125135e4b11409e48d5c562e52.jpg

20200223_145607.thumb.jpg.8df0e265af5ac51016336146f379a896.jpg

20200223_145618.thumb.jpg.7afe5f86cef9e83f15c59e4de77c6251.jpg

Edited by Fozzie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've always liked the look of the Tal EQ as it looks a bit retro compared to today's girly white things, many of which don't even have slow motion controls. The only thing I've never been keen on on any mount are tangent arms, and the Tal uses tangent arm controls from what I remember. Still, tangent manual controls are better than no manual controls. Also, just look at those setting circles! What a great find!!

• Like 1

my 100RS is on an EQ5 now with GoTo added tho I do keep an eye out for one of these mounts from time to time. Funds and other priorities have kept me away from the buy button so far, but one day...

Of course you'll have set the kids high expectations when they come to go buy their own gear with that setup, unless they're lucky enough to acquire it as a gift :) 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

unless they're lucky enough to acquire it as a gift :) 

Thays the idea, in 5 years or so, when the eldest is 10ish, if they are interested there's a ready made Christmas or birthday gift.. although I've been told not to take the tal out of the box.. it'll be worth more unopened but I'm not overly sure.. I like the idea of having them open something, no other person in the world would be opening at that time (hopefully)

• Like 2