NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

C/2017 T2 Panstarrs Samyang 135mm

I was lucky to have a weather window to get this. Taken with my Canon 450D and Samyang 135mm on the star adventurer. 120 30 second exposures at F2.8. The comets very small so the images were aligned on the stars, but it shows up clearly.  🙂  

2108310436_C2017T2Panstarrs18022018.thumb.png.d426c1874a0b0d2169586b36ea7f1676.png

Edited by Scooot
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, maw lod qan said:

Nice. 

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Nice one Richard, I really must have a look at the ones I took of it passing the Double Cluster, been a bit busy recently.

Dave

Thank you both.

It was quite difficult to spot in the subs Dave, it wasn’t until I used the Dynamibackgroundextraction I could see it. Still, it made my clumsy efforts to frame everything worthwhile, took me ages. I must have taken 30 subs just lining it up, down a bit, up a bit, left ....... :) I was just trying to position the double cluster in the bottom left corner and hoped I caught the comet.

Edited by Scooot

35 minutes ago, Scooot said:

Thank you both.

It was quite difficult to spot in the subs Dave, it wasn’t until I used the Dynamibackgroundextraction I could see it. Still, it made my clumsy efforts to frame everything worthwhile, took me ages. I must have taken 30 subs just lining it up, down a bit, up a bit, left ....... :) I was just trying to position the double cluster in the bottom left corner and hoped I caught the comet.

Same here using the Star Adventurer and WO Redcat took lot's of star hopping and zooming in on live view to find it 😁

Dave

• Haha 1