SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Scope No. 8, And It's Big!

Also. The 127L works beautifully with the Meade 5000 UWA ep's. Very comfortable & contrasty, allows you to stay at the ep and eyeball the target for longer.

Edited by Rob

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Welcome to the 127L club. Such a joy of a scope I have to say!. Enjoy

Thanks Rob, it's good to belong!  I was a bit wary at first (having been used to a short ST120 and an even shorter ED80), but can honestly say the 'scope on the Skytee II is easily manageable.  

Two points:

# I took the azimuth slow-mo cable off 'cos it kept getting in the way as I spun the rig round, but now I just nudge it in azimuth in the same way as with the Dob.

# It has got me sitting on a stool for using the finder, EPs, or both.  I'm enjoying the comfort, as prior to this, I had always observed from a standing position.

All I want now are better conditions to really try the 127L out.  Only had a bit of Moon action so far.

Doug.

• Like 1

Good stuff Doug. You will find the sweet spot with the rig I'm sure. Mine lives on a HEQ5 (old school black dual drive) that's mounted on Skywatcher mount extension tube, which is then sitting on a CG5 2" leg tripod. Its great solid setup!.

The bright DSO's are wonderful in this scope. Ultra black background and really stand out. I recall the first I went to was M57, and it almost felt like a 3D view!. You have plenty of time to work your way all the favorites and see for yourself.

Good times ahead for you

Best Rob

• Like 1