Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

gorann

Lobster Claw Nebula HaOiii reprocess

While waiting for clear skies (may happen Wednesday here, maybe) I have entertained myself with reprocessing data from the autumn. This is Ha (10 x 15 min) and Oiii (18 x 15 min) from my Esprit 150 with 0.79 x TS 3" reducer and ASI1600MM (gain 139, offset 50. -20°C). So totally 7 hours. I initially put Ha to red, Oiii to blue, and made a 50:50 mix of Ha and Oiii for the green channel. Then I tweaked the colours in PS towards an "RGB look". I endeavoured into doing a bit of HDRM and deconvolution in PI before I escaped back into my relative comfort zone, which is PS. Finally, I boosted the dust a bit by adding a few % of an Equalize layer in PS (a method suggested by Olly @ollypenricehere). I think the image shows a rather unusual amount of detail and I hope I have not over cooked it. Or have I?

Cheers, Göran

20190921 Sh2-157 PS45smallSign.jpg

• Like 5

That's a feast for your eyes Göran. Personally I think it's over saturated. Tone it down slightly and see if looks better.

Steve

56 minutes ago, sloz1664 said:

That's a feast for your eyes Göran. Personally I think it's over saturated. Tone it down slightly and see if looks better.

Steve

Thanks Steve! Yes, maybe you are right, and have been on and off about the level of saturation and it is easily adjusted in PS but I am not sure. My version before this one was even more saturated.... After all it is a NB image so everything is allowed. In any case, here is a less saturated version and yes it may be better.

20190921 Sh2-157 PS46smallSign.jpg