SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EQ6-R Pro & Altair Skyshed pier adaptor issue.

Drakester

Hi guys. 

I upgraded my HEQ5 for and EQ6-R Pro today, but am having problems connecting the mount head to my Altair Skyshed Pier. 

The HEQ5 adaptor plate doesn’t fit the base of the EQ6-R, and it just rests on top leaving a gap of about 5mm between adaptor and mount. 

It looks like the adaptor recess for the mount to sit in isnt quite large enough in diameter. (Photos attached)

Ive contacted Altair, and am waiting for a reply. 

Does anyone know of an adaptor which may fit, or another workaround?

Cheers. Matt. 

D2C98D61-BBE9-48A3-B920-2E64BDDB1D51.jpeg

A10C15F7-8711-4DB6-85CF-6EA572C98CC4.jpeg

A493ACED-C1FE-4B0E-9614-65A2AA41DF98.jpeg

4286FF90-FDEE-420E-AE90-BB6C6A058987.jpeg

Thanks for the advice guys.

I hadn't even considered getting the old adaptor re-milled. Mark huge thanks for the offer :)

I did briefly explore making one from a car brake disc, as some people seem to have done that with some success.

Unfortunately I've already bitten the bullet and have a new one on the way from RVO. 

I'll get the old one on the SGL classifieds, ABS etc to try and recoup some cash ;)

• 2 years later...

I know this post is old, just for people Googling in the future. The Multi Adapter supports many mounts (including both the HEQ-5 and EQ-6 line of mounts.) Some owners don't realize you need to turn it over (upside down) for some of those mounts.  This was the case here. The adapter just needed to be turned upside down. ;)

CS!
Wayne

SkyShed Observatories

Many thanks for the advice Wayne, but that wasn’t my experience in this case. 

Whilst the current multi adaptors might be reversible, the one I purchased c.2012 from Altair Astro in the UK certainly wasn’t. I even tried turning it over. 

Altair astro and other users above confirmed this at the time and I purchased a multi adaptor which works a treat with my EQ-6R.