Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Couple of views from last Night Aug 07th 05

OXO

I go with Perseus and Andromeda!! :)

Can definitely see M31 there in both pics, so that gives away Andromeda. And that looks like the double cluster in pic two as well, so that's Perseus. :)

Russ

Well Done guys :bounce: :salute: your both correct......

On the night was setup for a pratice run for the Perseus shower's on the 12th, i sat the coolpix camera on top of the 40mm ep and finderscope(made a good camera mount for the coolpix this did) and shot 1.15 sec exposures quite happy with the results no trailing from the etx125's goto in Alt Azi mode, took 1min to setup.

I did observe a few meteors but managed to miss them on dilm/digital, i will be trying all week to get a good meteor shot.

image.jpg

This is from last night i used the cameras zoom for this shot, the tracking wasnt up too much though i think mysetup was messed up last night, but i am quite surprised how well it's going with just the coolpix camera, get a Canon 300d and i would be laffing:)

Archived