Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Long battery life laptop for astrophotography

Hey everyone

I am looking forward to purchase a laptop with good battery life to use it for astrophotography as I have to move out of the city to do astrophotography. About 5-6 hrs of power is good enough .will be running software such as stellerium,PhD and APT on it . Any recommendations?

Thank you 😊

Edited by Nova2000

I have Thinkpad P52 and the battery holds for 5 hrs. Macbook AIR is even better at 11 hrs but I use that one only for browsing and email. The work computer I use is Thinkpad P52s (slimmer version but due to 2x batteries a little bulky at the back) which holds for 7 hrs. I recommend Thinkpad. You won't be dissapointed.

• Like 1

I have an ACER Spin 1.  It is light and runs almost 9 hours, this primarily because it uses SD card memory instead of mechanical drives.  It has good USB and HDMI connectivity and a reasonable WiFi signal capability.  I am running it with Ubuntu Linux, and that is NOT EASY.  This model will fight Linux users all the way.  I'm told you can still get about 8 hours out of it with Windoze 10.  It is not an expensive laptop.

• Like 1