Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Trying to open camera with laptop.

Taff

Hi' I am looking for help trying to open my canon 300d with the laptop.I have tried using the camera to the usb port to the laptop but the EOS Utility still won't open up to work the camera.Can any one give me some advice what to do Thanks.Mark

EOS Utilities allows you to control the shutter and download exposures to your laptop.

It won't control the shutter on a 300D because the shutter control wasn't made available on that camera's USB, only via the Remote Shutter jack socket.

If you click on the Software tab on the link you show, and select your OS, it will take you to any software for the 300D that is still available.

But it looks like Windows 7 onwards isn't supported.

From distant memory you need EOS Utilities, Canon Raw Codec, and ZoomBrowser EX.

But be aware these are Updaters, you need one piece of software already loaded from a Canon Utilities CD before you can load these other progs.

Somewhere on Canon USA site you can download a CD Image of all the software and choose what you need.

Michael