Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Takahashi green touch up paint...

WanderingEye

you try good old B&Q they can scan an item via Valspar and match the colour as you only need a small amount they will sell you a tester pot for 3 quid they might give you the colour code to source elsewhere maybe Humbrol paints ( model making) they have a colour chart https://www.humbrol.com/uk-en/humbrol-wallchart

just a thought

Andy

Edited by fozzybear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

What was the Tamiya brand "Sky" color XF-21 paint like in comparison to the Takahashi old green color paint? How good of a match was it?

Which telescope of Takahashi in particular are you wanting to put the touch up paint onto?

I also need a Tak touch up paint jar, for a 1997 model year CN-212 where the front metal dust cover / lid has some wear / defects on the paint. I also see that the original Tak touch up paint is not available in the UK, it seems.

BTW I have a friend in Japan who got a sales person from Starbase to telephone Takahashi whilst my friend was in the shop, and Takahashi told the sales person that Yes they could indeed repaint the lid, BUT only in the current modern color and not in the original green color. This is disappointing, because e.g. TeleVue can and will refurbish any old telescopes or eyepieces of TeleVue brand, a reason why I admire them so much.

Regards,

AG

Edited by Live_Steam_Mad