NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help/advice - Connecting camera to the telescope

(Not really sure where to post this) -- I have been doing visual for a while, but want to try out astrophotography. I have an Explorer 150pds, HEQ5 Pro and an old Canon EOS 450D. Apparently the 450D is pretty decent for astrophotography so I want to try it out.

I'm currently looking for the parts I need to connect the camera to the telescope, but I'm confused as to what exactly I need. I currently have a Canon EOS T2-adapter, Sky-Watcher Coma corrector (2" focuser) and 2" Light Pollution filter in my list. Is that all the parts I need?  -The thing that confuses me the most is the last sentence in the description of the Coma Corrector (picture below) saying I also need to buy an M48x0.75 adaptor, -something they don't even sell on the website. 

image.png.b69dc46fb4d61794591d01780e2f5971.png

I just need some help to figure out what exactly I need. 😓 Thanks in advance! 

A good retailer should be able to sell you what you need.  You definitely need a Canon bayonet adapter, but you need to be sure the thread on the adapter matches the one on your coma corrector.  As Waldemar has stated.

A good Astro Retailer should be able to tell you what you need.  Try FLO (sponsors of this site), pretty sure they do abroad as well.

Carole