NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How are comparised these three mounts (+your opinion)?

Clear Skies!

On 11/02/2020 at 09:11, Geoff Barnes said:

Ha! Ha! I thought I'd mistakenly logged on to Cloudy Nights the way he was ranting on!

I was about to suggest to him that he was liable to get banned and "poof" he was gone!

I knew you were loitering behind the scenes @Stu. :) 

Easy question: What is the difference between Stargazer's lounge and Cloudy nights? (If we don't include different name, URL, background color, icon, initiator, ...)

Edited by Clear Skies!

CN has a lot of very good knowledgeable peple on it but unfortunately they also have plenty of obnoxious opinionated rather unpleasant trolls that sometimes gang up on a poster if they don’t agree.

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

SGL is a very welcoming and patient place for new starters. Members are happy to answer all kinds of questions, including simple ones which have been answered many times before. You rarely if ever get 'just Google it' as an answer, you do get lots of helpful information and guidance.

A simple geographical difference is that CN tends to be more US centric in its membership and SGL is more UK/European centric, although both have members from around the world. It is reflected in kit preferences too, with Skywatcher being popular here, Celestron and Orion more in the US. At the top end of refractor land, AstroPhysics is a more popular brand, although the Tak/TEC/LZOS brands seem equally popular in both camps.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, johninderby said:

CN has a lot of very good knowledgeable peple on it but unfortunately they also have plenty of obnoxious opinionated rather unpleasant trolls that sometimes gang up on a poster if they don’t agree.

I like CN. As you say many great people, great people, good people.

• Like 1