NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ZWO 533 Camera

2STAR

Quick question plz

Will I get enough stars 10+ in Sharpcap pro PA just using the ZWOASI533MC Pro Cooled Colour camera with the Skywatcher espirit 80mm triplet, I have the Polar Alignment scope for this mount Skywatcher AZ/EQ5, but have found it to be of no use due to it being mounted in such a way that my right  'weak eye' cant focus the thing lol, and getting my left eye up to it is like having to be a contortionist.

regards eric

The ota is f5, the camera is 1" square chip

I think you should be fine with this, it's actually a wider FOV than a typical guide camera and guidescope (in one axis). You will have to get the mount in the right area to begin with, I tend to just get Polaris near the center of the FOV in the polar scope before I use Sharpcap polar alignment. Just too double check your scope is 400mm focal length?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cuivenion said:

I think you should be fine with this, it's actually a wider FOV than a typical guide camera and guidescope (in one axis). You will have to get the mount in the right area to begin with, I tend to just get Polaris near the center of the FOV in the polar scope before I use Sharpcap polar alignment. Just too double check your scope is 400mm focal length?

OK, Thank you, yes it is 400mm FL, sounds encouraging, I am buying the camera in January . I am not looking for long exposure ie using a guide camera, but hoping to grab short 1-2 min subs and avoid rotation.

Eric

45 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

I could polar align with Sharpcap with my ASI1600 on my WO GT71 at 336mm...

FOV with this was 3.0° x 2.3°

Thank you for your reply, it has helped answer my query prior to purchasing the camera.

Eric

56 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Thank you for your reply, it has helped answer my query prior to purchasing the camera.

Eric

I just looked up that camera. The sensor is 11mm x 11mm so your FOV is almost half as small as the one I used mentioned above.

Personally, i think the method used to describe the size of these sensors is misleading.

Screenshot_20191213-220246_SkySafari 6 Pro.jpg

• Like 1

On 13/12/2019 at 22:10, david_taurus83 said:

I just looked up that camera. The sensor is 11mm x 11mm so your FOV is almost half as small as the one I used mentioned above.

Personally, i think the method used to describe the size of these sensors is misleading.

Screenshot_20191213-220246_SkySafari 6 Pro.jpg

Hi, Thanks, I guess I will have to wait until January and give it a go

• 4 months later...