NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Interesting feature today after lunt repair.

Nigella Bryant

10 minutes ago, Benjam said:

Hi, could you explain the different colours please? I’m very new and keen to learn. 

The blue is just stunning. 

Thank you for sharing.

Ben 

Hi Ben, For solar observing I use a mono camera, hence the black and white image, this image is false coloured to show the hydrogen alpha image. The blue is an inverted image of the hydrogen alpha to show detail around the small filament and plage. Different techniques to bring out details Ben.  

• Like 1

Just now, vineyard said:

Hello,

That is beautiful.  At first I thought maybe the blue was Ca-K!  May I ask what size Lunt you were using?  (I struggle to get my Lunt 50 to find focus with my ASI178 - not enough inward travel).

Lovely photos,

Vin

A Cak filter is on my Christmas list, lol. I use a lunt 60mm double stack. I also use a 0.5 reducer to get full disk. My go to camera is the lowly zwo asi 120mm which is well suited for the lunt. I've also fitted electric focuser so easier to focus on the laptop and visually. Hope that helps Vin. 

• Like 1